Bankruptcy Practice, Northern District of Ohio
The Attorney Constituent Group of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Ohio, is pleased to announce a mentor program for members of our bankruptcy bar. Upon request, any member seeking assistance will be paired with an experienced practitioner for at least one year. The mentor and mentee may meet on an informal basis, as often as they agree, with the purpose of assisting the mentee with:
• Best practices in representing debtors, creditors or other interested parties in bankruptcy.
• Practical matters, including Electronic Case Filing (ECF) guidance.
• Law practice and firm management.
• Guidance on court appearances, including motion dockets and evidentiary hearings.
• Help with respect to filings with the Court, and avoiding deficiencies.
• Advice about § 341 meetings, including communication with trustees and creditors.
• Professional and ethical concerns, including interaction with clients and Iolta trust fund management.
• Any other matters appropriate for new practitioners in their bankruptcy practice.
For Those Interested in the Mentor Program (as Mentees):
Please complete the Mentee Application found here Mentee Application, and submit it to the following:
|Phyllis Ulrich||360-7200, ext. email@example.com|
|Alison Archer||(216) firstname.lastname@example.org|
For Interested Mentors:
For those practitioners with at least ten (10) years of bankruptcy practice experience, please complete the Mentor Application found here Mentor Application, and submit it to the above parties.
For more information about the mentor program, please also contact the above parties.