You are here

Archived Cases Search

National Archives and Records Administration

Bankruptcy cases filed prior to 1/1/2003 are available from the Federal Records Center. Cases filed after 1/1/2003 may be found electronically in the ECF/PACER system.

  1. To retrieve a copy of your case filed prior to 1/1/2003, click on this link for the Federal Records Center (FRC) and follow the instructions on the site. Due to the pandemic, the operating status of your servicing FRC may be limited and additional fees may be incurred to retrieve records.
  2. To retrieve your case filed after 1/1/2003 for review at the court:
    1. Enter the case number in the box below and click "Search"
    2. Click on the highlighted request form
    3. Complete the request form and print it
    4. Mail the printed request form to the appropriate Bankruptcy Divisional Office. Include a money order or certified check for $64 made payable to "Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court." The Bankruptcy Court does not accept personal checks.


      John F. Seiberling Federal Building & U.S. Courthouse
      455 U.S. Courthouse
      2 South Main Street
      Akron, Ohio 44308
      (330) 252-6100


      Ralph Regula Federal Building &
      U.S. Courthouse
      401 McKinley Avenue, S.W.
      Canton, Ohio 44702-1745
      (330) 458-2120


      Howard M. Metzenbaum U.S. Courthouse
      201 Superior Avenue
      Cleveland, Ohio 44114-1235
      (216) 615-4300


      411 U.S. Courthouse and Custom House
      1716 Spielbusch Avenue
      Toledo, Ohio 43604
      (419) 213-5600


      Nathaniel R. Jones Federal Building & U.S. Courthouse
      10 East Commerce Street
      Youngstown, Ohio 44503-1621
      (330) 742-0900

    5. After the court receives the file (2 to 3 weeks), you may review it at the clerk's office. Please call ahead to ensure your case file has arrived.  A fee will be assessed if you would like photocopies or a certification.