If you are a person that has filed for bankruptcy, a debtor's attorney, or a U.S. Trustee with questions about an open bankruptcy, you may contact the IRS's Centralized Insolvency Operations Unit, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., EST.
Cleveland, OH 44199
All telephone inquiries and correspondence:
The following additional information is provided:
- IRS bankruptcy guidance for individuals and businesses is available at: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/declaring-...
- Due to Privacy Act restrictions, IRS employees are prohibited from discussing debtor information with an attorney unless they are the attorney of record in an ongoing bankruptcy proceeding or a Power of Attorney is on file with the Internal Revenue Service.
- These same Privacy Act restrictions prohibit IRS employees from discussing debtor information with anyone other than the attorney of record (i.e. other persons employed by the attorney.)
- Copies of account transcripts can be obtained by contacting the appropriate Insolvency Group specialist with either a faxed or telephonic request.
- Copies of publications and blank tax forms for prior years can be obtained online at https://www.irs.gov.